Sunday 17 March 2013

You could be lovely.






I can feel the fresh breath of the summer earth upon my bare shins.
The grass is so fresh and green,It feels moist against my feet.
The cold,blue starts like permanently frozen snowflakes hanging in the inky sky.
Orion is no longer overhead,winter has passed.
I watching my lithe,graceful shadow dance as I pretend to be a prima' ballerina.
Pirouettes and grand ples..pointed toes,and stiff back.
The piano music,is replaced by the tinkling wind chimes and rustling trees.
Instead of a tutu though,I wear pyjama shorts instead.
My childhood dream in all it's vivid colour.
Now,I am a warrior princess on this grass..I can hear the beating of the wild drum,my heart.ing
Air kicks for defence,Brandishing my sword against my enemy,
A battle hymn recited.
Now,I am just a person..nameless,ageless,unconfined by the realms of anything,
spinning in dizzying circles..I can feel the adrenaline pump through my veins,it feels good
I want to fall to the ground in a lump,a violent thud.
It's wonderful how you can be anything you want.
It's also wonderful that I have a lush lawn in a city to dance on and also the privacy to do so.
The best of all is the ability to hold on to your childhood dreams,fickle ones,even..for they're not fickle at all,new ones can't replace them.I once heard it on the show wonder years..that how as kids,we are a little bit of everything doctor,artist,magician,pilot.all of it..and as we grow up,we lose out on them,one by one.
Be more.
 Tumblr_mjrbcaefnj1rhmxy6o1_500_large

3 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR BLOG!
    So vibrant. :)

    Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aishwarya,Thankyou so much! It means a lot.:)

    Darshana,Yes,that's true.

    ReplyDelete