Wednesday 20 March 2013

Love is all you need.

..And music.:)
Yes,what the Beatles once sang is really,really true.
And after spending an entire morning on the cold marble floor under the bed,hiding from the world and secretly sobbing,I decided to let music blow my  mind and make me smile.
And guess what? It did.
I could picture myself take Paul McCartney's and Lennon's hands in mine and run wildly through  lush strawberry fields,without a worry in the world.
And sitting around a bonfire,while they strum the guitar to the tune of "I wanna hold your hand."
I could imagine Adam Levine singing outside my window,in the pouring rain ..telling me he wants to wipe my eyes,running his thumb across my cheek.
I see Ed Sheeran telling me to love myself and embrace the little things that I think are my flaws.
And I feel Simple Plan telling me,that the world has a million problems ,but their songs save lives and that itself is reason to live for.
I sometimes wonder what I would do without all the beautiful music that fills up my mind when I'm extremely upset or overjoyed,or pondering in the shower or taking a stroll alone.I wonder what it would be like if I couldn't sing myself to sleep on some nights or if certain mornings din't being with songs in my head,that I sang all the way to school.
How different and incomplete life would be without those melodies and beats haunting me in the midst of an exam or studying for it..or if a song reminded me of a certain situation,or if a situation reminded me of one.
How strange a life it would be,indeed..with no music to move me to tears and make me smile wide.No songs to relate to and talk about.Nothing to dance around in pyjamas to,nothing to hum while picking wild flowers off the street or reading the Sunday newspapers.
I remember this from somewhere,and I think it's a line from a prayer we often say at school "Help me appreciate all things true and lovely,and delightful."
And that one line mostly sums up how I feel about music.


1 comment: