Wednesday 6 March 2013

In which Sunday gets a Second Chance.

5ctfu51_large
About a weekend ago,I read this post on a blog I follow,about Sunday…and it made me think.
Okay,here is a revelation I have to make.I have hated Sundays  most of my life.Only because of that stupid Sunday night school-next-day feeling..only lately,have I come to terms with the fact that I have underestimated Sundays all my life.They desrve more recognition.
Yesterday,made me realise this more than ever.
It was a long,lazy Sunday that started like any other.and here are reasons why Sundays are awesome,according to me:
1) You can sleep in all you want,because that’s the very reason the day exists.no alarm clocks and snooze buttons needed.
2) Which also means you can stay up late Saturday night,without regretting it the next morning.
3) All my friends are home and free on Sunday,so they have time to waste over me.
4) You can decide to take a shower whenever you feel like,without feeling icky and Sundays are the best excuse one can have to linger around in those pyjamas without questioning looks being shot at you or being called lazy.
5) Music on Televison usually good on Sunday mornings,I have discovered.
6) You have a whole day to do anything in the world you feel like.isn’t that awesome? I spent most of my Sunday watching reruns of old shows like Full House and Fabulous cakes(Hey,I learned really cool words like ribbon cutter,royal icing, butter meringue) and Band baaja bride..and the rest of it daydreaming.
7)Sunday equals good food.All around you.Breakfast,brunch,lunch..whichever you have,is usually good.For instance,I had piping hot(nothing like it!) fried rice,scrambled eggs and an Indian Chinese curry..accompanied by tumblers of coca-cola..and I am someone who finds solace is food,so it made my day.And at this friend’s house… there’s idlis overflowing every Sunday,.almost like a tradition.(Only North Indians living in South India will understand this love for idlis.xD)
8) Compared to the cacophony that is the rest of the chaotic week,Sundays are all chilled out and mellow.I mean,if Sunday were a person..they’d be that kid whose house everyone loved dropping in at because it was just so cool.
9)you can put past you,all the disquieting events of the week with that few extra hours of added rest..ot rejoice about your triumphs that particular week.
10)Simply because of the fact You can just let your hair down and get away from the rest of your life,even if this glory is short lived.:D

2 comments:

  1. Yup,Yup! I totally agree.
    Btw I was trying to find a follow button in ur blog, but failed terribly. Where eess it? So that I can follow ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too sure about the follow button myself.
    Why don't you try following it by adding the URL of my blog onto your reading list? :)

    ReplyDelete