Wednesday 27 March 2013

The Cost Of Happiness

There's this very popular quote the Joker says ,in the film Dark Knight that goes something like "The monsters are not hiding under your bed,they're inside us."
That's how I feel sometimes.Hiding under the bed,curled up,safe and sound..protected from the invisible demons outside..but so vulnerable to the ones that dwell within me,ones I cannot hide away from or erase from my being.
All I wanted was to be a good kid..all I wanted was to not be the reason for my parent's fights'.
Turns out,I don't want to be a good kid,if it means pushing myself through something I regret every breathing and living moment of mine.So much pain and torment,for what?
I don't want to be a good kid just to please everyone,anymore.I want to be Happy.
This is the point where most people will tell me about how crazy that sounds..and that financial stability and material desires are way more important..But what's the point of a life overflowing with money,if you can't do what you love most,what makes you happiest? A life of insecurities and regrets,and unspoken fears..and God forbid,clinical depression? Tell me?
Happiness is an oxymoron of sorts,you know.It's more that worth all the money in the world,yet,not a single penny can buy you happiness.You could be Happy.
Tumblr_mamg87d5p61rppmb9o1_250_large

3 comments:

  1. "Happiness is an oxymoron of sorts,you know.It's more that worth all the money in the world,yet,not a single penny can buy you happiness.You could be Happy." STAMP THIS

    ReplyDelete