Saturday 2 March 2013

Achey,Breaky,Crumbly.

I grew up in a  beautiful home,literally not metaphorically.
Because what looked impeccable on the outside was just a mere illusion to deceive outsiders.
We wove unreal wreaths of trust that adorned our heads.
In reality,the painted walls were crashing in,crumbling like leftover sponge cake.
But you know what? I made it,despite all  the odds.I did.
I don't have have medals and trophies,boasting of all my victories.
But I do have these invisible accolades called memories,that remind me of how valaintly I put up a fight.
The human spirit is more powerful than it gets credit for,and I am reminded again,as I write this that one only loses when they succumb to  adversities.The battles against yourself are the toughest to fight,and they live the deepest scars,but the heartache only leaves you strong as steel,on the other side.
522718_492963157429950_1209453035_n_large

No comments:

Post a Comment