Thursday 7 March 2013

Blessings In Disguise.

Tumblr_mj77eac4ph1r0i9t4o1_500_large
It's funny how I had almost forgotten that there exists such a phrase as "Blessings in disguise" at all,until a friend reminded me while talking about an exam that got postponed.
So often,we take so many things for granted.So many things we consider trivial,that some people out there can only dream of at night.
I know I'm getting all preachy..but how many of us actually stop for even a fraction of a second to count all the blessings,instead of the problems lined up ahead of us.
Here are somethings that life has gifted me for free,and I will take a couple of minutes to acknowledge :

Times when my mother still calls me "Baby."

The introductory music of Fireflies that takes me back to the summer of eight grade,Every Single Time.

Silly childhood games I invented along with my sister.Eating grapes real quick with chopsticks,Table hockey (Using coasters,tumblers and the dining table)..and water balloon wars in my Grandmother's backyard in the summers.

The way the violin felt so good,held up by my collarbone,propped up against my chin.

The first time my coach pushed me into the deeper end of the swimming pool at age five,quite scary but exciting all the same.(To this day,I love swimming.)

That moment Back in June,when an old friend lovingly hit me at the back of my head to announce his presence,and greeted me with his goofy smile.

The taste of spongy Roshogulla melting in my mouth,the midnight I turned Sixteen.

Old Songs that pop into my head,right before I try to fall asleep at 2 AM.

My dog licking my face,to say "Thankyou,for the belly rubs." :)

..And lastly,The way my refrigerator is always stocked up with sachets of Kethcup.:D

2 comments:

  1. People are much worried about the future than the past. So, people find no time to count the blessings so far they have got. We just hope for more blessings but don't take into considerations what we are already blessed with.

    A lovely post. Nicely written. Well, you are truly blessed. :D
    And Ketchups? Hmm.. Nice. :)

    Take Care and Keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,that's true for most of us.:) We often get so caught up in our problems,we don't take time off to be grateful for anything.

    Thankyou.:D Means a lot to me!
    I will.:)

    ReplyDelete