Tuesday 8 May 2012

For Time is just an old friend of mine.

Do you really believe that "Time waits for no one?"
That Time is the most precious thing ever?
Do you?
Because I only partly agree with that.
Know why?
Because in the Ironic world we live in,
there also exist statements such as "Time heals all wounds."
So if time was so short,and it takes long to recover.
Then how could it be true? But it is.
The average person takes eight months to get over a lover.
So,I'd like to believe that although after the end of a phase,event,or ocassion ..time seems to have fluttered away with all its might.
But it only seems so.
There would be no second chances and phases of life at all,if time was so quick.
Invisible Reader : "You intend to say we can take life for granted?" :S
No.That's not what I meant.
Look,you must seize the moment and can live like there's no tomorrow and all.
But time does wait.It does slow down.
and it does silently creep away when you're having fun.
But we fear so much that we've lost time.We can no longer have it back.
It's like when someone asks me "How old are you?" and when I hear myself say "Sixteen" it sounds like the voice isn't my own.I feel to old.It's new to me.
But then I realise I've felt that way for a few years now.
and sometimes when I look at the face in my mirror.I see a face I don't quite recognise.Doesn't feel mine.
and I even say my name over and over again,the very sound of it rolling off my touinge unfamiliar.As if I'd never heard it before.
But I realise that it was not yesterday that I was in seventh grade.It HAS been a while.and I have grown up,but quite a lot is the same.
Like A wise old man once told me,"My child,The truth about time is that even if you sleep away 24 hours,you get a whole new,fresh,eventful 24 hours.And that's the beauty of time,none of us tries to understand."
I think he was right.
There's a time for everything.and it might or might not be right.There is no way to judge that.
I think we should not rush or force anything.It only spoils what time might have unfolded like an unexpected gift.Yes,Time too,like "The truth" and "Reality" is overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment