Wednesday 24 April 2013

More.

I remember being five,and  the some of the worst things that happened to me were the likes of having having a finger slammed by a door of a car,or losing a game of ludo.
Fear,was a dark room,a horror movie..monsters,they assured me as a child,are fictional.
Who can assure this little one of the same? I don't think any adult can assure themselves of it.
The more we grow up,the more real mosters and demons seem to us.The irony of life.
But She's five,they say.All  these posts on my facebook wall  and all the newspapers headlines do scream.
A little child,unaware.
They talk of disgust,of anger,of a failed system.I feel all of it too,the heat,the need to change,quick.
But what everybody forgets int he midst of protesting or pretending to care on social networking sites,because,oh,what will people think if I don't repost this  or have a black dot as a profile picture?
..is that she was a little girl,a life,a person,who din't even know what took place.Her life ,forever changed.
No,I am not capable of feeling sorry like the rest of them,at least for not more than a period of time,I din't personally know the child.and no,that does not mean I am not moved by the incident.
I just want to say that does being moved by something always have to involve showing the world that you are deeply hurt?
That child.this is how I feel about her,exactly..She din't deserve it,and now she's just been reduced a hineous crime,an act that is a failure of the Government bodies,a sad tale,a misfortune,a news headline,a topic of discussion,a reason to change a law,a part of history...a lot of insignificant things...irrelevant compared to what she was,and she should have been.
A little girl.with a childhood,a life.She was person,not a label,not an agenda.I wish we could all just let her be,and give her the space.She will have a life  of recognition she will probably hate.A fate she din't bring upon herself.
I probably look at the situation this way,because I had no control over my happiness as a child and I know how it is.and I also know how it feels when a person is reduced to a label,a freak accident..like they din't matter as a person,din't matter for the songs they liked and the way they laughed,but instead,the fate that weighed down on them.The way people chose to think of the situation.

2 comments:

  1. This is like perfect, the exact way I felt about this particular issue.

    ReplyDelete