Saturday 6 April 2013

To Dying Frailities.

A623dfd0bc3e50a82a85171a814a810c_large
Everytime I look around,it astounds me to see kids,as I refer to them,
the young adults growing up with me,so grown-up all of a sudden,
It's changed in the most wonderful ways,our attitudes,our behaviour
we're subtly outgrowing  our gangly,awkward stance and hormone driven acts.
We're growing up,blooming like white summer flowers,that line the street,
so refeshing,a mindblowing kind of newness,crisp as sunbeams.
I think I see,the beginnings of responsibilty,of chivalry,
of a tender kind of concern for each other,
Treating each other like family,keeping aside differences
Being mature enough to forgive.
I feel this soft,fuzzy warmth in the cavity of my chest,
as if it were filled with sunshine.
Is this the same pride of watching your garden grow?
Of watching your child turn into everything you dreamed it would be?

2 comments: