Tuesday 9 April 2013

Happy Endings?

Tumblr_mkyoq9mpnv1sngaglo1_400_large
I've always been a sucker for happy endings.Always.
And everything looks so much prettier on an early summer morning.
Water droplets on the windscreen,golden globules kissed by sunshine.
The Earth,so covered by crunchy brown leaves,and soft yellow ones,browning..that  not a single patch of land can be see,as if the ground were built of leaves.
*Scene Shift*
Sitting at the end of the long table,in the lunch hall..I look for signs that reassure me it's last day of summer school.The girl who sits opposite to me,has deliberately forgotten to wear her shoulder tabs,and two other girls on my side eat skittles on the sly.It's a special dish today,"Mango rice" and just the fact that we got second servings made me happy.It's such an uneventful,usual day but it's the time of the year that makes me infinitely happy.Everytime summer rolls around,I feel like screaming my lungs out and go around giving free hugs.And I'm not big on hugs.I usually just stand there,frozen,awkward while the other person wraps me in their embrace.Summer makes me feel like I'm gonna grow wings and fly away,like in the redbull adverts.It's my high.
Summer just fills me with the kind of happiness nothing else ever can.This peculiar gladness to be alive,to be around..just to feel the summer sunshine on my nape of my neck.
I can even put up with the sticky,moist,intense heat and dehdydrating spells of sweat that makes my clothes cling to my skin.Just for the sake of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment