Monday 8 April 2013

Moment of the day.

There's this one blogger who posts about profound moments she encounters each day.
And it insipred me to do at least one post about a profound moment.
This happened last night,but yeah,whatever.
We were just another bunch of teenagers overjoyed by the fact that we had licorice sticks (candy.yeay.) on a long distance car ride to watch a cricket match.and feeling that warm,fuzzy feeling inside my chest,that fills me with contentment at the sight of the blinding floodlights,an indication that we were nearing the stadium.I feel that way each time I see floodlights.And the cheer of the crowd,like one of my friends puts it,is like music to your ears when you are an enthusiast and you can listen to the wild screams before you even enter a world away from reality.The crowd,it gives you the same feeling of insignificance that you get under a starry sky.
And it got way too late on the way back home,much past midnight..but our enthusiasm had not yet been washed out.we were a bunch of ecstatic kids pulling faces at the supporters of the opponent team,while they walked defeated on the dark streets the depression of loss looming over their colourful wigs and painted faces.If you saw them,you'd think  they were oppressed Jews from a concentration camp in Nazi Germany.
And the ride back home on an almost empty street,we saw the lake,lit up by the reflection of the city lights..tall reflections,that late at night.and the pristine Buddha statue standing right at the center,lit up by pretty blue lights.Solitary on a Sunday night.
The very sight put us all into a reflective daze,expressing our love for the city and how perfect it will always seem in our minds,and how we all wished we'd never have to move away elsewhere.If only the colleges around were good enough.
It got all very nostalgic and quiet,till someone said something funny again.
It's funny how my most profound moments take place in cars,though.
483641_560960727267669_303881269_n_large

5 comments:

  1. This makes me incredibly happy. I'm glad you posted this. I have a thing with cars, too. I don't understand what it is with a bunch of kids in a compact space that is so exciting but I honestly really appreciate the invention of cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.hankyou.:D
    I guess boredom in a confined space just gives rise to all these random,abstract musings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! nice one! who is that blogger? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I guess so. They're wonderful. Except I got a ticket last night for speeding on the Bay Bridge. At least it's a cool way to get a ticket.

    Hi Batman, I'm that blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha,the thrill of being a wild child is something else.
    You live in San Fransisco..that's so cool.:)

    Yes,Batman,she's^ the blogger.

    ReplyDelete