Monday 14 January 2013

The Holiday Insomniac.

I stand and stare,as the soft yellow glow of the nightlight illuminates his tousled salt and pepper hair,and his crumpled red kurta.
The very sight makes me smile slightly.
The lovable old man..all fifty one years of him.My father.
Well,he has flaws.But so do you and I,my friend.we're all imperfect people.
It's over 3 am and I simply cannot get myself to sleep.
It's the usual holiday effect,sleepless nights..dreary mornings.
I wish life was more of an extended holiday..or I wish I could move to a different country or something,and begin again.and I wish I could read all of my father's books at a go and I wish it were summertime.
Most of all,I just wish sleep comes easy to me tonight.
Tumblr_mgmfca9tti1rjlen4o1_500_large





No comments:

Post a Comment