Saturday 26 January 2013

Sand Castles.

Tumblr_lt6ni8stdj1qf1gz5o1_400_large



So, I was talking to this friend  recently..and she helped me describe the feeling of feeling lost.
"It's like being in the middle of a tunnel,but you don't know if it's light or darkness that's waiting for you at the other end ",she said.
You try to grope your way out of it,but you only keep falling into the abyssmal depth of the botomless pit that is life.
I wake up every morning,cold,scared to my bones,grovelling in the darkness.I want these feelings to disappear.
I want to bathe in the comforting warmth of sunshine,again.
This morning,was no different,at all.But here I am,listening to "I can see clearly now" by Johnny Nash.
It's not the kind of music I ever listen to,but  the cheery voice has a calming affect on me.
All I can think of,right now,is..sand castles.Yes,you heard me right,those fortresses of sand that are a source of supreme happiness to wee children.
Think of it,our hopes and dreams,Life,even is like building sand castles.You stoop down and build them with love,perfection and genuine effort and it gives you contentment,and as they get washed away by the foamy waves,you feel disappointment and heartbreak.Lose hope.
And then finally,you let it go...you don't try to protect it from the ever approaching waves.You know that fate is inevitable,you always knew it.Now you just accept it better and let it be.
And as you watch your hopes and dreams dying,your life feels over..but there's a hopeful kind of sadness as you stand there watching the sand castle cave in.
Finally you shed your inhibitions,and maybe with a slight smile,even...start building those castles over again.Better ones that too.You beam with pride at your creation,with the full knowledge that this one won't last long very long either..
You build them over and over again.And everytime,there is a little more perfection,a little more wisdom.





No comments:

Post a Comment