Sunday 6 January 2013

Sunset watching.

I look upon another sunset,
another day in my life,
quietly creeping away,
slipping  away with the sands of time.

I think of all I have done,
and of all that I haven't,
Of all the words I said,
and of all those I din't
And of all the thoughts that ran through my head.

The sky is turning yellow,
and then form that to purple,
"It's time"  whisper all the birds that fly home,
Dusty,grey clouds are the only dregs the day leaves behind.

It's done,another day,another moment,
another sunset.
 Now,I'll wait for the next.
I can't take back the things that are done,
they will but live as regrets.

The leaves shudder,gently
as the sky now is painted in darkness,
I will begin again,
and as I will sit watching another sunset,
I might just have fewer regrets.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment