Friday 6 July 2012

The Good 'Ol Days

Today,I saw a little kid on an empty playground.
A wee little boy,chasing pigeons.
He chased them with all his might,
like it was the most important  job in the world.
For a moment,just like the little boy,I let myself believe it was.
and you know what?It felt wonderful.
I was reminded of being a kid,which itself meant being lost in the moment.
Away from reality,Lost in a world of fantasy.
It was a world of dreams.and no complex emotions.
Freedom,in a way.
 
....
A while later,from my car window,
I could see a little schoolgirl,
head bowed gently down,at an akward angle,like only little kids can.
Innocence.
Again,a rush of nostalgia filled my mind.
I wish I'd never discovered that life isn't a fairytale.
That nothing lasts forever.
Go back to that childhood filled with hope.
Where Happiness is a piece of candy.

Growing up is so saddening sometimes,isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment