Friday 13 July 2012

Forever young.

I've always felt a little bad about growing older with passing time.
It's not in my control,I know.the older I grow.
But with passing time,days run shorter,weekends fly away,
everything seems too quick.
I want to freeze the moment.wait for a while.Stay a child.
If only...
I see old ,tired souls around.
no once to bother for them.
But today at a supermarket I saw a difference.
A fine old man,with shiny silver hair,
around 60-ish.
I saw found him deeply engrossed in the flavours of ice cream at the freezer section.
Elsewhere,outside  of the supermarket,I saw him examining the flavours of ice cream again,
this time,at an ice cream kiosk.
Ice-cream to him,it seemed,was of supreme and absolute importance.
Just like it would have been to a  child.Lost in that very excitement of picking the best flavour.
He was alone,but  he din't look lonely or in need of company.
Ice cream  seemed to satisfy him just fine.
The little things like ice cream,that gave him happiness,now made up his entire life.
You could see the content on his face,as he slowly broke into a slight smile.Pure bliss,it said.
I now think that growing old isn't all that much of a bad idea,if you choose not to grow up completely,in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment