Sunday 22 July 2012

Facts about Indian weddings.

Have you ever found yourself in  super lavish Indian wedding,sitting at a corner,getting bored?
Anyone?
Sigh*.
So,I learnt a little.
and here are the results :
-Overdressing is the norm at Indian weddings.
It's  like people decide to bring out all their jewellery out on one night and  behave like it's completely normal.Like all of it will cease to exist tomorrow and they have to outdress the rest.
Gosh.I felt like I showed up in rags.and mind you,I wore quite appropriate clothes.
Vulgar display of wealth,I say!
-Be ready to feel like you're watching a boring movie,if you are'nt related to the people getting married.
-The bride is made to look like a doll.
One with a fake smile plastered on her face...who doesn't seem to mind standing for 5-6 hours.And I thought I was patient.Gosh.
-A very commonly known fact,people attend these hotshot,lavish Indian weddings just for the heck of the food.It is quite good.
-If you are not overdressed,people shall stare at you like you're an alien.
-People shall always tell you about how little you were when they last saw you.And you have to awkwardly smile and nod.and find ways to get out of the conversation.
-In the end,it's all about the food.Not the bride,the groom,the relatives,Nah.Everybody's discussing food.
And that's to sum up an Indian wedding for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment