Thursday 12 July 2012

Baby steps.

I watched a blind girl learn how to use a walking stick,
she was a little frightened at first,
And it was a crowded road,
"Those are stones you feel under your feet" said her instructor.
She got better at it as she kept moving forward,
She knew to turn left and right.
She took baby steps.
A few teenagers,scattered outside the school parking lot,moved away,
their faces expressing disgust at the girl because of the way her eyes looked.
Sometimes,I hate people.Really...they're the ones blinded by superficiality.
But There was a bald,pale man with the blind girl.
He was in complete awe at how fast the girl could learn to use the walking stick.
He had a smile on his face and in an unfamiliar accent said "She's beautiful."
I agreed with him,mentally,being the observer.
I thought she was one of the bravest people I've ever seen.
I have perfect vision,and I'm still very frightened by the prospect of crossing roads.
She was my hero,today.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment