Friday 27 September 2013

The day that was a song.

A warm,clear patch of sunshine heats up the winding tar road towards the house,
A spot where we stop to soak our bare feet in the warmth of the moment.
A haven where the gravelly road stops piercing our feet.
I look up to notice a clump of bamboo sheltering the sun,
nestled among pop up clouds and bright blue daylight.
Tubs of popcorn and slices of pizza and shrieks of thrill define the day.
A large Persian cat,with large green olives for eyes purrs at the door.
And that's how I met the first feline creature Ideveloped a slight inclination for.
 Just as I watched contentment and relief languidly soothe my soles.
The vapours of joy steam out of me as smiles,slowly curling in chalky wafts.
Listen,carefully to the song of harmony and happy endings on replay.
Lovely Lemonade

No comments:

Post a Comment