Sunday 28 July 2013

The essence of a symphony.

 Somewhere Over The Rainbow | via Tumblr
Before I begin this post,I would like to mention that I do not know the technicality or nuances of music.
If only I knew all about crescendos and glissandos,I would be able to do this piece some justice.
So,if my words may begin to seem absurd or irrelevant,forgive me.

A friend of mine recently recommended Beethoven's fifth symphony to me and I decided to give it a listen.
Truth is,I have definitely heard it before,but not actually taken the time to truly appreciate it.
It is,indeed,the essence of life in one piece of music.
It makes me want to close my eyes and picture a swan serenading it's partner under a moonlit sky,and a bud in the process of unfurling its hidden beauty to the world,gazelles flouncing around among thickets in a gently sunlit forest with all their grace and other such simple eccentricities of nature,that leave me awe-inspired.
There is one part in the symphony that makes me picture a royal Victorain Ball,the ladies in their best gowns and the men donning crisp tuxedos,and with the ascending music..they quickly step into a classic waltz.
Another,makes me draw connections to a gory war-scene with men on horses galloping triumphant through the bloodshed,waving flag held high in the leader's hand.
The music paints pictures of a lover wallowing in the sorrow of heartbreak and betrayal..holding onto to the notion of the existance of love,looking for answers.
Of Explorers who traverse the world round for enlightenment,to come home to true wisdom and knowledge.
It then brings to my memory Ballerinas,all their movements fluid and impeccably alike.The manifestation of celebration,as well as,the emptiness of parting and  loss.
A piece of music that captures the abstract essence of life itself.Without words or actions,but just notes that from a musical cascade of emotion,drama,History and absolute beauty.
I wish I would be able to describe it better than a descpription put forth by a mesmerized child..but that's exactly how the symphony leaves me feeling.Feeling,the power of the true glory and hauntingly beautiful misery that builds up a composition called life,that is often left unappreciated by most.A composition that carries every flavour of
Music is a language of the heart that speaks more than my words ever will.I insist you give it a chance to change your life,if you haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment