Saturday 15 February 2014

"That knits the ravelled sleeve of care."

Sweet lingering fragrance of commercially chemical chamomile shampoo drifts through the room,weaving subtly  into my  thoughts,each less relevant in connection to another.
Sunshine stands preserved among these walls washed white,clean of distraction,as if pickled in a glass bell jar,oh dear mellow old sunshine.
Mid-morning is always such a slow  dance,a lazy serenade,oh gentle sunshine.
And here rest my "penthouse lids",heavy with sleep,as Shakespeare once said,and many poets probably followed to use.
And like every day,I  fall in love,fall in love,once more.
Fall in love with my whims and fancies,because nothing as well as those defines me.
Fall in love me the muffled sounds of the world in motion,making revolutions towards discoveries that await me in full conscience,put away,stacked in a shoebox I bury only to dig out in a future unimagined.And the comforting breath of another world draws me in-
I fall in love with ideas I din't know I could summon,each new  one like a soapy bubble,fragile and exciting,
but gone too soon,before the next in a reverie-And nothing makes sense.And nothing needs to make sense.
Yes,I fall in love with sleep.
*-*

1 comment:

  1. Over the years, I can really see how you have become so much more articulate, and how well you express yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete