Tuesday 7 January 2014

Finer tunings.

A wise person once told me,"There is music inside your soul,an inner tuning that can only be heard on paying close attention.On attaining an equilibrium,striking that balance,finding that inner peace."
At the point I tried and tired,to meditate,to silence my thoughts,to tune out the abstract voices that dwelt within the corners of me,but only last night as I fell asleep,did I realise that I could hear soft notes,fluent,flowing music out of nowhere.
I was in that space between sleep and wake,the warm silence,the dreamy surreality of consciousness.
And all the small acts of kindness,played inside my head like a big screen movie that made it to a film festival.
All the people in my life,the events,the good,bad and ugly fit me snug like my old favourite faded blue jeans,with the slits above the knee.The fraying slits,the thinning dubiety,I wear my scars with pride today,me on my way to self-discovery.
Psychology has a multitude of theories about perception being a transition from recognising a whole presence from a part,or seeing the whole sum right in front and then noticing the parts.I can't tell how I look at things,but  I think I have begun to see a greater sum,a good whole,and yet these fractions of feeling give me so much bliss.And calling myself a self-actualized person would be really,really stupid,but feeling whole is an undying part of me  now.
Untitled | via Tumblr - image

No comments:

Post a Comment