Friday 7 December 2012

Dilli.

Have you ever been to Delhi? You'll know what I'm talking about then.
I have memories of the place,back from when I was very,very young and went there the very first time.
I remember it being loud,and overcrowded,and bustling and in an odd way,sort of beautiful.
I remember the bazaars,and how you could find everything on the street for the price of dust.And  at night,they looked so pretty,all those mucky,narrow streets lined up with makeshift stores and night lamps.
And of course,the food,the taste of which still lingers in my mouth.
I specifically remember this doll museum we visited,on that trip.It was all dark and  shady,with dolls from the world over,displayed in glass boxes.And at that moment,I knew that it was the most beautiful place I had been to in my young life.
To this day,a part of me,still craves to go back and visit the place.
It might not be as fascinating now,probably 'cause when you're little,everything seems so magnificent and wonderful. The way things are feel right.Most things make sense...and have explanations.Questions have finite answers.And you're sure.Little kids are sure as hell of themselves,they really are.
And one day,you just realise you're no longer little.


No comments:

Post a Comment