Tuesday 30 October 2012

And one morning.

All red and yellow,they kiss the Earth,crunchy fall leaves.
It's way beyond 8am and I know I'm late again,
I walk alone today.I traverse the the muddy pathways and the tar roads.
And I walk alone most days.I walk alone,and I'm hit by the subtle smell of wild grass.
Most other mornings,Its a communal gathering,when we throw our bags down,sit in a circle,aware that it's the principal's office next to us or pass around food and conversation.
But today,I don't sing to myself,
thoughts don't race through my head.
 I'm that girl,in a corner by herself,arms crossed,
Right under the parching sun.
It's the end of the road today.
Today,I stand at the end of all the noise,the morning buzz,
 I stand apart.
I can't tell if I want to,but I stand apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment