Wednesday 27 June 2012

The other side of the classroom.

Today,I realised I've never been to the other side of the classroom.
No,we don't have a huge classroom.
It's pretty small-ish,infact.because there are only a few of us.
I never needed to go there,so I haven't.
.......
This time I was in the library this week,I borrowed this book.
The Librarian looked at me like I had a terminal illness,when I handed over the book I wanted to borrow.
Librarian : "This is a very,very depressing book."
Me :"Uh....."
L : Are you sure you want it?
Me : ....................
L : Ah,okay.take it if you want to read it so badly.

A while later,she looked down,with rather sad eyes.
Her gaze fixed at nothing in particular for a while.

In all these years of sitting in the library,I'd never really paid attention to her.
she was just a part of the surrounding.there.
For some strange reason,it din't feel like that anymore,
She was still a stranger.
But I looked at her differently.
She had a story.Unknown.
but I could still read her sadness.
and somewhere between the bookshelfs and screaming at the kids,
she was a broken soul,waiting to be fixed.

1 comment:

  1. you're a really good writer - and you have many remarkable thoughts.

    ReplyDelete