Saturday 17 January 2015

Lemon Drops

add a caption


A black bird on a bare branch,bleak sky
half finished bottle of beer and a tall tumbler
of lemon ice tea is all that's left for me

Waking up to a world world without you,
feels like swallowing the smell
of liquid bleach,drowning in it.

There's no better way to describe this
and it really sucks to keep tugging at
 your presence only left in dreams.

One dimensional thoughts and origami hours,
Shadows of when you used to call for me
with soft taffeta sounds,scratching the door

I always liked abandoned houses,and empty tables,
away from crowds,old and forgotten,
and clear orange sunsets,it's all I find solace in.

The pink sun leaves me too,
a eulogy of country music for him-
our silence sits like poetry between old journal pages.

A dry flower lies pressed in a paper napkin
on my lap,a gift from a stranger,
but my lips can longer find thanks or prayers.

A black bird on a bare branch,bleak sky,
Half finished bottle of beer and a tall tumbler
of lemon ice,and a dry flower,I have plenty.





No comments:

Post a Comment