Friday 25 April 2014

Paperback memories

She met me at cafe,
I met her dreams halfway.
A green tank top and
half a cup of green tea ,
is all it took to fall in love with me.

 She walked in with drizzle in her hair,
I chased some of her fears away.
Frosty circle stains from tall glass bottoms,
cold coffee sending chills down my throat,
is all it took to fall for this moment.

 She put herself into an easy back chair,
I sat across her in silence shared.
Clammy palms and cold feet,
tickled breath of impatience on my neck,
is all it took to make the clock beat my heartbeat.

She spared me a smile with her spearmint eyes,
I let my lips break into one in exchange.
The knowledge of sour childhoods and unfettered futures,
much resembling my favourite paperback,
is all it will take to make these walls fall to bits.

 love

No comments:

Post a Comment