Sunday 10 November 2013

Lets call it a memory.

A friend of mine wrote this post   recently,about his hypotheses of  the design a perfect world.It got me thinking,and this isn't a defiance or anti-thesis,just a co-existing hypothesis.
Somebody once told me that the purpose of life was not to attain a constant state of contentment,but to live-to experience it with all  it’s fullness,all it’s pitfalls  and loopholes,shortcomings and coming of ages.Life,for what it is in it’s wholeness.Maybe that’s the secret to self-actualization.Like the Buddhist tick goes,experience the pleasure and the pain,absorb it and then set it free for the sake of your soul.
And I couldn’t agree less,although it took me a while to phatom the concept.
Memories-they make you nostalgic,Nostalgic for a place in time and space that ceases to be.And it’s heartbreaking,but I would never trade mine in for oblivion.
A happy memory-Being carried to bed when I fell asleep  in the car,when I was little or  rushing across the railway tracks to reach school on time,sometimes we’d go through train compartments.
The rememberance of the time when My lovely cousin and I told each other that we looked much like Princesses,at a wedding.
A minute of pleasure makes the entire day,runs through me,joy reverberates.It spreads  it’s roots deep into the soil,nourishing it daylong.
And for the bitter ones,some are soon to fade-quarrels,miscommunications,heartbreak,and the ones that linger longer,still-have something to offer,to learn.A hidden lesson,a life-altering situation.
All of this might sound like my silly teenage notions of positivity,but like the Japanese believe in Kingutsi-The art of repairing cracks in earthenwear with gold or silver laquer,for something broken is something beautiful,I think it’s time we fill the crevices in our souls with love and light.

On a lighter vein,I don’t know how many times Marylin Monroe e has to be reposted before the line “Imperfection is beauty.” Finally gets to people.
Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment